The opening of the China-Canada Joint Centre for BioEnergy Research & Innovation (C-C JCBERI) collaboration was announced at the 5th International Conference on Biorefinery (www.icbb2015.org).
The Centre will provide a platform to foster bioenergy technology development, maturation, demonstration and commercialization in both Canada and China through collaboration.
The C-C JCBERI is hosted by UBC in Canada and Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT) in China. In addition to research institutions, partners include companies, not-for-profit organizations and stakeholders in the bioenergy sector in both countries. The collaboration involves more than 40 faculty members from UBC, BUCT, and 8 other Chinese institutions. The Directors of the new Centre are Dr. Xiaotao Bi of UBC’s Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering and Dr. Tianwei Tan, the President of BUCT.
• University of British Columbia
• Beijing University of Chemical Technology (National R&D Centre for Biorefinery)
• Chinese Academy of Sciences – Guangzhou Institute for Energy Conversion (National R&D Centre for Liquid Biofuels)
• China University of Agriculture (National R&D Centre for Non-Food Biomass)
• Chinese Academy of Sciences -Institute of Process Engineering (State Key Laboratory of Biochemical Engineering)
• Huazhong University of Science & Technology (State Key Laboratory for Coal Combustion)
• East China University of Science & Technology
• Tianjin University
• Hunan Academy of Forestry
• Nanjing Technical University